State Center Fire & EMS
PO Box 802
State Center, IA 50247
Fire Chief Jim Eckhardt**
Asst Fire Chief Jim Vellinga
Asst Fire Chief/EMS Chief Brad Pfantz**
Captain Doug Henze**
Captain Rick Wilkening
Lieutenant Keith Christianson
Lieutenant Randy Goodwin**
Squad Leader Tim Butler
The State Center Fire & EMS is committed to the extinguishment of fire, protection of life and property, and providing needed medical services to the people of State Center and surrounding communities.We respond to approximately fifty to sixty fire/accidents calls and 170 EMS calls each year. In addition, we volunteer 4200 hours of training per year. Our EMS is a conditional EMT-B transport squad, providing backup ambulance service to the Marshalltown Area Paramedic Service from Marshalltown, IA.We are a dedicated group of individuals providing the best service possible to our community. Our membership is limited to a maximum of fifty members. Anyone interested in membership should contact Fire Chief, Jim Eckhardt or EMS Chief, Brad Pfantz at 641-483-2081.A few facts about our department for the 2014 year through October 1st………
- We have responded to 128 Fire and EMS calls
- We educate about 300 West Marshall students each year during fire prevention week. Teaching them about fire safety and having fun along the way.
- Average response time to the scene was 8 minutes, 2 seconds (national average for EMS is over 10 minutes for rural departments) We were on scene in 5 minutes or less on 72% of the calls and 10 minutes or less on 96% of the calls.
- We recently took 2nd place at the annual Firefighter Competition in September.
- Remember that each and every volunteer donates their time to protect the people and property of this district without any compensation. Please show your appreciation by returning a donation to the State Center Fire & EMS.
Each year, the State Center Fire & EMS conduct a fund drive to support the purchase of educational and firefighting supplies that are not otherwise available for the department. We appreciate your past support which helps keep our department one of the best Volunteer Departments in the state.
*Denotes Active Member
** Denotes EMT